With the number of alternatives available on the market, getting the right one could sometimes be a difficult task.. That’s why our platform is dedicated to product testing and coming up with this list of top 10 best WOOD LATHE. Having done thorough research on this topic, we hope that our list will help you find the one you need!
10 Best WOOD LATHE
Best WOOD LATHE
WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8" by 12" Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe
- Perfect for pens, bowls, cups, chess pieces, and other small workpieces
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- 3.2-Amp motor provides over 50% more power than most 8-inch wood lathes
- Adjust the soft start variable speed motor anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
- Features a 2.3-Inch face plate, an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, and two interchangeable tool rests
WEN 3424T 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
- Attack work pieces up to 18 inches long and 12 inches wide
- Switch between five different speeds: 520, 900, 1400, 2150, or 3400 RPM
- Includes 3-1/8 inch Faceplate for turning bowls, cups and other non-spindle work pieces
- MT2 tailstock and headstock tapers allow for compatibility with a wide variety of Lathe Accessories
- Features a 4. 5A motor, an MT2 headstock spur center, an MT2 tailstock live center, an 8-inch tool rest, and an on-board accessory holder
SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz
- 12-inch distance between centers
- 8-inch swing over bed
- Cast iron construction and infinitely variable speed control
- Includes two tool rests
JET JWL-1221VS 12-Inch by 21-Inch Variable Speed Wood Lathe
- Unrivaled speed control
- 60 to 3600 RPM variable speed
- Optimally designed speed ranges
- Forward to reverse is a smooth transition
- Innovative ratchet style belt tension system (patent pending)
Nova 71118 Comet II DR - Midi Lathe Flexible Woodworking System, 12”, Powerful Electronic 3/4 HP variable speed
- Speed Range: 250 - 4,000 RPM with its powerful electronic variable speed motor.
- Digital Readout: Quickly dial-in the correct speed for the job, material and conditions. you’re not limited to potentially dangerous fixed-speed steps.
- Forward and reverse switch: Forward and Reverse Switch offers additional ﬂexibility with the Nova Lathe and allows you to achieve a superior ﬁnish
- 12” Swing over bed and 16.5” between centers. Expandable to 42“ with optional bed extension accessory (Additional purchase).
- 3” Faceplate, 6” Tool Rest, Spur-Drive Center, Live Tailstock Center, Knockout Bar, Lathe Handwheel Unit. Manual with parts breakdown and fasteners.
PSI Woodworking LCHSS8 Wood Lathe 8pc HSS Chisel Set
1 used from $71.24
- Ideal chisel kit for turning pens pepper mills spindles bowls and lots more woodturning projects of all sizes
- Each chisel measures 16-1/4" in length with a 6-1/4" M2 High Speed Steel blade and a 10" hardwood turned handles
- Set includes (8) chisels 3/16" Parting Tool 5/8" Spear Scraper 1" Skew Chisel 5/8" Skew Chisel 5/8" Round Nose Scraper 1/2" Bowl Gouge 3/4" Spindle Gouge 7/8" Roughing Gouge
- Includes wooden case for storage and carrying
- Great for woodworkers woodturners and penturners of all skill levels
Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch Variable-Speed Midi Lathe
- Powerful 1 hp max, 1,725 rpm motor
- Large 12-1/2-inch swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class. Drive spindle: 1 inch -8 RH TPI thread
- Electronic variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough.
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
RIKON Power Tools 70-105 10" x 18" 1/2 hp Mini Lathe
- Rikon mini lathe: This Rikon mini lathe features a ½ motor that provides ample power for all turning needs. With a 10” swing and 18” between centers, this mini lathe also has a self ejecting tail stock and has easy access to speed change.
- Sturdy and Dedicated: Designed specifically at the request of pen turners who wanted a sturdy, dedicated machine for their craft. This scaled-down, basic mini lathe is made from cast iron, so vibration is not a factor, unlike other lathes made of aluminum.
- 5 speed ranger: This mini lathe has a 5 speed range that covers the bases for boring barrel holes, roughing out pen billets, turning to shape and finishing.
- Includes: This lathe includes a live center, tool rest, knock-out bar, and wrenches.
Nova TK-48246 Direct Thread 1 Inch X 8TPI G3 Wood Turning Chuck Bundle Set
- Anti-release spindle lock – Reversible
- Ensures chuck will stay securely mounted on the lathe during forward and reverse turning applications
- One handed geared action; powerful and positive grip.
- Small size (85-milimeter/3.35-inch) and weight minimizes load on small spindles and bearings.
- Takes the same accessory range as all other NOVA chucks.*
WEN LA4444 4-Inch 4-Jaw Self-Centering Chuck Set with 1-Inch x 8TPI Thread
- Scroll chuck perfect for holding bowls, spindles, and other unwieldy wood lathe projects
- Internal jaws tighten around workpieces varying from 1.6 to 2.8 inches in size
- External jaws spread inside of workpieces with pilot holes ranging from 2 to 3.2 inches
- Included screw chuck provides even more options for supporting your projects
- Features a 1” x 8 TPI thread for compatibility with the majority of wood lathes on the market